COVID-19 safety requirements
COVID STATUS: GREEN
At this stage, there is minimal impact due to COVID-19 to our storage and handling, and marketing and trading operations. We continue to operate in line with state and federal government requirements. All our sites have the following measures in place:
- Physical distancing measures
- Increased hygiene measures
- Registers for contact tracing (via the SafeWA app/visitor sign in book/pre-start meetings)
Note: A change to CBH’s COVID STATUS will enact changes to the COVID-safe protocols and measures that we ask all staff, contractors, growers and visitors to follow. The change in status will be communicated via this website page, and in CBH’s Down the Line e-newsletter, and other external channels where appropriate.
If you are transporting grain to or from a CBH site:
- Use the CDF App for all your harvest deliveries
- Before going to a site, check the COVID STATUS on this page for any site-specific protocols.
- Do not enter a site if you have any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath), you are required to be in self-isolation or quarantine due to close contact with case, recent relevant travel or awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- Only enter a sample shed if you need to submit or dispute a sample.
- Follow signage and CBH staff instructions at all times.
If you are visiting a CBH site or office:
- Register upon arrival with your site contact and complete the relevant contact tracing information.
- For fertiliser collections, please follow the instructions of staff on site at all times and as outlined on your booking confirmation.
- Contractors need to be registered and current in SitePass.
- Visitors should discuss any COVID-specific requirements with their CBH contact prior to visiting a site.
- Visitors should not enter a site or office if they have any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath), you are required to be in self-isolation or quarantine due to close contact with case, recent relevant travel or awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- In the event you are diagnosed with COVID-19 or are identified as a close contact of a confirmed case and have recently been to a CBH site, please notify your CBH contact as soon as possible.
CBH has developed plans and procedures relating to COVID-19 with the goal to:
- Reduce the risk of transmission during the grain delivery process
- Use technology to communicate, automate and train our people to reduce personal interactions.
During the 2020/21 harvest CBH made use of online tools including the CDF App and implemented innovative solutions like virtual sampling training for harvest casual staff to reduce the risk to our people, growers and transporters during the pandemic.
Our goal is to remain responsive at all times, and keep the supply chain moving as safely and efficiently as possible.