CBH has introduced changes to how high moisture grain is managed for the 2023/24 harvest. These changes include:
- removing dedicated high moisture segregations for feed barley and wheat
- removing all high moisture charges
- increasing the base moisture receival limit to 13.5% for all feed barley grades and one trial wheat grade (known as AWWT).
The receival standard base limits for moisture are:
- Milling grade wheat up to 12.5%
- AWWT grade wheat up to 13.5%
- Malt grade barley up to 12.5%
- Feed grade barley up to 13.5%.
For milling grades of wheat, AWWT wheat and all feed barley grades only, grain with higher moisture may be received provided the site stack weighted average is within parameter. These higher limits will open and close on notice.
- For milling grades of wheat, grain will be received up to 13.5% moisture dependent on the stack weighted average.
- For AWWT grade wheat, grain will be received up to 14.0% moisture dependent on the stack weighted average
- For all feed barley grades, grain will be received up to 14.0% moisture dependent on the stack weighted average.