Our sustainability objectives
CBH has a Sustainability Action Plan designed to capture initiatives, drive actions and track progress against areas consistent with the concepts and principles of environmental, social and governance (ESG) commitments.
Key sustainability objectives:
- Prevent harm to the environment
- Strive to enhance the communities in which we operate in
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Integrate sustainable development principles
- Implement sustainable consumption practices
- Foster more sustainable behaviours and consumption patterns
- Improve water use efficiencies and protect water quality
- Reduce waste produced, maximise resource recovery and recycling
As an organisation, we strive for continuous improvement in our practices and behaviours. The Sustainability Action Plan is reviewed annually, with progress outlined in our Annual Report.
In addition to generating value for Western Australian grain growers, we advocate for and provide financial support to regional communities, and the wider grain industry to ensure the long-term sustainability of our industry.
Aligning to sustainable development
CBH aligns our sustainability approach to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals framework. We have a formal commitment to three of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals. These are:
7. Affordable and Clean EnergyVia the commitment to increase renewable energy into our energy mix.Learn more
12. Responsible Consumption and PracticeVia the commitment to reducing CBH's waste to landfill burden and producing visible sustainability reporting.Learn more
15. Life on LandVia the commitment to minimise or offset biodiversity loss.Learn more
Consumers across the world are increasingly seeking to source sustainably produced products including sustainably grown grain. CBH Marketing and Trading has taken steps to respond to the demand and offers grain customers the option to purchase sustainability accredited Australian grain.
Visit Buy Grain from CBH for information on buying sustainable grain from us or the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) scheme section for more information on the global accreditation system we use.Buy grain from CBH