Create and return value to WA grain growers
Your membership means you own and control your grain supply chain from receival site through to the market, as Australia’s most cost-efficient storage and handling network and the largest grain exporter. As a member you enjoy invaluable and grower-focused service when it matters to you most, the lowest storage and handling fees and freight rates in the country, and competitive prices for your grain and fertiliser, tipping the field in favour of Western Australian growers in the race to meet the global appetite for grain.
In addition to generating direct value for Western Australian grain growers, we advocate for and provide support to the communities we operate in, and the wider grain industry to ensure the long-term sustainability of our industry.
As a co-operative our growers are the users, members, beneficiaries of our business and form part of the community in which we operate. CBH delivers value to growers under all four of these roles:
As a UserAs a user of CBH's services, our growers receive benefits including:
- Low supply chain fees and competitive freight rates
- Continued investment in the storage and handling network to maintain the integrity of the assets and provide efficiencies for growers, through fast turnaround times and the right segregations, and customers, by delivering tonnes to port when required for shipping
- Grower-focused products and services including Quality Optimisation, Grower Finance and Direct to Vessel
- Competitive grain prices and ongoing development of international markets for Western Australian grain
- Competitive fertiliser prices to reduce on-farm input costs
- Grower rebates
As a MemberAs member of the co-operative, our growers have a high level of control.
- They own and control their grain supply chain from receival site through to the market
- They have a say on who governs CBH
- They vote on key issues impacting the future of the co-operative
As a BeneficiaryAs beneficiaries of CBH, we help our members to build wealth for the long term.
- Through increasing the profitability of their farm businesses
- By contributing to increasing the value of their farms
As part of your CommunityCBH is part of your community
- We advocate for Western Australian grain growers with government and markets
- We supports the development of the grain industry
- We contribute to the vitality of grain growing communities through our Community Investment Fund
Grower rebate program
Each year we plan our budget and balance costs and expenditure against receiving an average sized harvest and allowing for ongoing investment in the network (the five-year average).
At the end of the financial year once the Group’s financial position is known, surplus funds may be set aside for network investment or other future needs and, if not required, returned back to our grower members in the form of a rebate.