Business registration and pre-qualification
To undertake contract work for CBH, your business is required to be registered and approved in Sitepass, our online contractor management tool. You need to complete the following:
- A self-assessment of your management plan (if required depending on risk class) and high-risk activities against our CBH Safety Standards applicable to your intended work scope
- Your businesses HSE History (Injury Frequency rates)
- HSE Cultural Assessment Questionnaire
- A risk assessment for each scope of work
A designated CBH Contract Manager will then review this documentation and approve and/or liaise as required for more information. If you haven’t been designated a CBH Contract Manager, contact your local CBH office for more information.
In the event a contractor is unable to meet a certain requirement of this questionnaire, CBH may work with the contracting company to implement an action plan to meet these standards.
For step-by-step instructions on how to complete the registration, download the Contractor Business Registration Guide.
I have been awarded work – what next?
Contractors are responsible for providing a scope specific risk assessment in Sitepass, as well as ensuring all contractor staff are registered, inducted and relevant licences are provided in Sitepass prior to mobilisation (inclusive of any sub-contractors).
This process ensures your staff have the requisite knowledge of CBH specific policies and procedures whilst performing work for us, as well as the CBH specific risks they need to know and manage whilst on site.
For step-by-step instructions on how to complete this process, download the Contractor Employee Registration and Management Guide.
Procedures, policies and standards that are applicable to contractors
Alcohol and Drug Procedure
The drug and alcohol standards, requirements and testing regime applies to all CBH employees and contractors.
Life Saving Rules
Our Life Saving Rules are designed to protect your safety:
- Hand held operation of mobile phones is not permitted when driving a vehicle
- Do not enter a confined space without an approved Confirmed Space Entry Permit
- Do not work outside a walkway or platform without an approved fall prevention system in place
- Do not enter a grain storage or any area under fumigation unless authorised by a Licensed Fumigator
- Do not work on or enter any plant and equipment which has not been isolated from all sources of energy unless specifically permitted by an approved procedure for testing, commissioning or hygiene purposes
- Do not enter an exclusion zone without three step protection in place
- Do not bring, use or be under the influence of any illicit drugs on any CBH premises
- Do not undertake work activities on an operational site with a Blood Alcohol Concentration above zero
To find out more, download the Life Saving Rules.