The Deferred Sales Pool objective
The primary objective of the Deferred Sales Pool is to outperform the average of cash prices over the deferred selling window. The pool is expected to primarily utilise available export capacity from October 2023 onwards to gradually sell down physical stocks on a deferred sales schedule. Accordingly, it is expected that the majority of physical sales are likely to occur from April 2023 onwards.
This also means a later finalisation date, which we are currently anticipating as July 2024.
In order to achieve the objective, pool management is mandated to utilise prescribed limits to implement commodity and foreign exchange trading strategies designed to deliver value-add and/or value-protective strategies as deemed necessary to complement the deferred sales program.
- 2022/23 WA Deferred Sales Pool Summary (pdf, 93 KB)
- 2022/23 Barley Deferred Sales Pool Fact Sheets (pdf, 123 KB)
- 2022/23 Canola Deferred Sales Pool Fact Sheets (pdf, 145 KB)
- 2022/23 Lupins Deferred Sales Pool Fact Sheets (pdf, 139 KB)
- 2022/23 Oats Deferred Sales Pool Fact Sheets (pdf, 141 KB)
- 2022/23 Wheat Deferred Sales Pool Fact Sheets (pdf, 132 KB)
- 2022/23 Wheat Quality Fact Sheet (pdf, 52 KB)