What is a CBH Summer job?
Each year usually in about October, Western Australian (WA) grain growers start harvesting their grain such as canola, wheat, barley and oats.
Once harvested, they deliver their grain to central CBH receival sites all across regional WA. This is where we need your help to keep our sites moving, getting growers and transporters in and out safely, quickly and back to harvesting.
There are three main jobs on a CBH receival site including Samplers, Receival Point Operators (RPOs) and Weighbridge Officers:
- Samplers are responsible for ensuring the quality of grain by sampling a truck load of grain and performing an unbiased and accurate assessment of the load.
- A Weighbridge Officer is responsible for controlling the site weighbridges, recording grower deliveries and ensuring the correct and accurate weighing of the trucks.
- RPO’s are responsible for ensuring that the grain flows smoothly from the trucks to the storage areas.
You don't require any experience as we provide all of the necessary training!
Want to find out what's involved in a harvest? Watch this recent webinar.
- Competitive pay rates starting at $29/hour
- Paid training
- Free accommodation at our receival sites
- Roles suitable to different levels of experience
- Opportunity to live and work in regional WA for a short period of time, meet new people and experience the grain harvest